April 18th, 2017
The Handmaids of Christ animated and guided by the spirit of Msgr. Herculano Gonsalves, aim at integral formation and liberation of the human person. We strive to actively participate in the redemptive and reconciling work of Christ and communion with the whole of creation through the educational ministry.
In keeping with the missionary dimension of our charism, we seek to search for and execute God’s will and His life giving plan for those we educate through:
- A preferential love for the poor and the less privileged.
- The process of humanization in the context of today’s brokenness.
- Respecting the human dignity of the poorest and working to promote freedom from all types of oppression.
- Faith which promotes Justice so that we live by God’s call ‘to act justly’ at all times and at all levels and ‘love tenderly’ – (Micah 6,8)
- Complete confidence in God, in order to announce Jesus Christ to all our students the conviction that God loves all, without distinction of caste, religion or social status.
- Motivating our students to build a better world, and like our Founder, work for the promotion of the kingdom through an exercise of God’s saving love expressed through compassionate justice.
To promote the integral growth of each person, in her/his uniqueness in order to enable the members of the school community to collaborate with others in assuming Responsibility for today’s reality, thereby building a civilization of love. i.e. the Kingdom of God.